Copyright EMSQ 2019
Terms & Conditions
This Festival is run by The Early Music Society of Queensland Inc., a non-profit society and registered charity in the state of Queensland, Australia.
- By registering to participate in the Brisbane Early Music Festival workshops undertaken by the Early Music Society of Queensland Inc (hereafter EMSQ), held at the Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University, you accept these Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- All bookings for workshops, concerts, class auditing and masterclasses must proceed via the Qtix website. It is a Queensland Conservatorium regulation that all events held on their premises must be booked via Qtix.
- All attendees will either be over the age of 18, or in the case of minors, have the full permission of their parents to attend prior to registering. The official minimum age for attendance at workshops is 15, however exceptions may be made for talented younger students. This will need to be approved by the Festival organisers prior to booking and the parent should attend the workshops daily. Good behaviour will be required at all times as the child will be placed into classes with adults.
- Bookings for workshops are not transferrable to another person. Masterclass enrolments may be transferrable after consultation with Festival organisers, but this is not assured.
Cancellations received before midnight, 31 January 2020 will receive a full refund via Qtix.
Cancellations received between 1 February 2020 and midnight 20 March 2020 will receive a 50% refund, less $10 administration fee, and this will be processed after the Festival as Qtix retains all sales revenue until then.
There will be NO refund for cancellations after 20 March 2020.
- Code of Conduct. You agree to treat all participants, teachers, merchants, volunteers, Conservatorium staff and Festival organisers with due respect. Any outright rudeness, offence, violence or discrimination on the grounds of sexuality, religion, age, disability or race will be sufficient cause for you to be asked to leave the workshop immediately. No refunds will be due. Violence to any person or wilfull damage to Conservatorium or private property of participants will result in immediate police action and charges being laid.
- The EMSQ and the Queensland Conservatorium will take all due care, but will not be liable for damage or theft to property during the Brisbane Early Music Festival. You are advised to mind your belongings at all times and not leave anything unattended. You should mark your instrument cases, music stands and music with your name. Take photos of your instruments to prove ownership. In the event that lost property is found, EMSQ will endeavour to return it to the right person, but cannot be responsible for property which is unmarked.
- EMSQ maintains a $20,000,000 public liability policy.
- If you have an illness or condition which requires critical medication, please carry this with you at all times. Alert the Festival organisers, and if necessary, your teachers.
- Information provided on the BEMF website will be kept as accurate and up-to-date as possible, but may change unexpectedly due to unforeseen circumstances. You acknowledge that EMSQ cannot control all circumstances. To the extent permitted by law, you agree that we exclude any liability, including any liability for negligence, for any loss or damage arising from reliance on material on this website.
- In the event that a teacher is ill or unable to carry out their allotted teaching, EMSQ will to the best of their ability put affected workshop attendees into other classes or, if possible, supply another teacher to that group. The understanding of participants in this circumstance will be appreciated.
- Privacy. Your information will not be shared by EMSQ with any third party at any time. Information collected in the registration process by Qtix is solely for the purpose of allowing you to participate in the Festival workshops.